Austerely Melancholic Laziness

tralala but NO ding ding dongs~ irrelevant, in my thots and speech so if the posts seem confusing/irrelevant or whatsoever - it's me, not you. like a teapot, i'm short & stout. no use crying over spilled milo. how abt trying horlicks?? anyone? Cheers (raises mug of steamy Horlicks)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ham & Cheese Omelette.

it's been a quiet Saturday so far. not much disturbance for the day, which is good considering that I want to rest & maybe it'll make the gums stop aching. I decided to be a little more adventurous today & tried my hand @ cooking my 1st ham & cheese omelette! haha. got some leftover black pepper ham the other day & was considering just frying it with egg, my usual scrambled style. well, I alys try to tell myself it's an omelette but it mostly comes out fried into bits n pieces. ham pieces, egg pieces, both not melded together like how they're supposed to in a proper omelette. LOL

which is why I consider this attempt my 1st one cos I actually did some minor research on it. went to get cheese to add to the omelette & also some milk to enhance the taste & texture. plus I think it kinda came out quuuuuite alrite, for a 1st proper attempt & considering the fact that I've not been much of a cook. am trying to cook more now, so that I'll have more variations in my food choices in the event that I do live alone in the future. my omelette looks 2/10 but I think it tastes about 6/10 ? ya it tastes fairly decent, my seasoning was fine, maybe I needa cut down on the amount of ingredients that I add in. the reason why it did not turn out betta, i think was cos it was too thick. ya the omelette was too fat in the middle & I had difficulty folding it. haha. ok actually, I used a small frying pan to fry it, figured it will be easier if the pan was slightly broader & I cld not find the spatula. I had to use 2 spoons together to cook & then flip the omelette. LOL

the omelette which tastes betta than it looks.
ya, I admit it was just too greedy of me to try adding that much stuff into a small pan. LOL. Cooking like this, once in awhile, experimenting stuff is quite therapeutic. Just like how I find doing up my nails is therapeutic too. all my gel extensions & overlays have been taken off, my nails are back to how they look like as before altho they're much thinner & some of the nailbeds are kinda damaged, like the nails got cut too deep in & there seems to be more space for the whites of the nails now than before? I see less of the pinkish part of me nails. Sad. getting the gel extensions @ batam was quite a bad call, I should have just gotten gel overlays which I believe wld not have been as damaging. I'll consider getting the gel overlays again, for festive occasions like Xmas & CNY. lasts longer & it's definitely more durable when I needa do my household chores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home